In an industry where reliability is crucial and unplanned down time can result in millions of dollars lost in a single day our focus is on manufacturing pulley lagging that provides the “Longest Possible Service Life” ensuring that conveyors are operational when required.
- High performance 95% Aluminium Oxide ceramic for increased abrasion and crack resistance to provide longer service life than the 92% Aluminium oxide tiles used by other suppliers.
- Tiles designed with 1 mm dimples on back surface to ensure consistent tile position and low Total Indicator Runout (TIR) – see photo below. Also ensures consistent thickness of adhesive layer.
- Tiles supplied in pads with clear backing tape to ensure accurate positioning.
2.) Adhesive System
- High strength bonding system to provide adhesion of the ceramic tiles to the pulley shell >20 MPa
- Metal primer for application to the steel pulley shell immediately after sandblasting to prevent oxidation and ensure consistent adhesion.
- Automated mixing/dispensing system for the two part epoxy adhesive to ensure consistency and control – removes chance of operator error.
DBCL Pneumatic Adhesive Gun with Mixing Nozzle and Notched Spreader Head
DBCL Notched Spreader & DBCL Mixing Nozzle
Direct Bond Ceramic Lagging Adhesion System
DBC (Direct Bond Ceramic) Primer
To eliminate the risk of variable adhesion due to pulley shell corrosion after sand blasting Elastotec has developed a primer system that when applied immediately after the sandblasting of the pulley shell seals the pulley surface and prevents surface corrosion. Photo#1 shows surface corrosion on a pulley shell after only 16 hours from the time the shell was sand blasted.
The primer has no adverse effect on adhesion values of the tiles and the steel shell but it does provide a minimum of 4 weeks protection from corrosion for the shell (see Table #1).
|ADHESIVE TYPE||Metal Primer(%)||Adhesion(Mpa)|
|Elastotec DBA Drive||NIL||21.44|
|Elastotec DBA Drive||Elastotec Metal Primer 2207||21.12|
DBA (Direct Bond Adhesive) Drive Adhesive
The Elastotec DBA adhesive has been formulated to combine excellent adhesion to the steel pulley shell and the aluminium oxide tiles with robust processing characteristics. This adhesive has proven performance for out door service exposed to UV, water, dust, dirt etc.
The adhesive has good properties at both low and elevated temperatures and can operate in pulley lagging applications from -20 C to +70 C.
|Bond strengths as tested (ASTM D4541)|
|Adhesion to sand blasted mild steel||>20.0 MPa|
|Adhesion to Aluminium Oxide ceramic||>20.0 MPa|