Elastotec Extreme Ceramic Lagging is designed for use in the following demanding applications:
- Large drive and non-drive pulleys on high power belt conveyors that are in contact with the clean side of the belt. This includes gearless drive conveyors of all power ratings.
- Pulley in locations that are difﬁcult to access and where pulley change out is difﬁcult.
- Critical locations where unplanned conveyor down time due to lagging failure must be eliminated.
- Conveyors that operate across a wide temperature range.
- Conveyors that operate in wet conditions.
Key features and benefits
Elastotec 100% rubber tear
3 cutting location sipe
CN buffed adhesion layer
Uncured bonding layer
Plastic release liner
Tile design for the Elastotec Extreme Ceramic Lagging has been modified to increase the resistance to tile cracking and dimple loss.
|Tensile strength (Mpa) min ISO37||17.0|
|% Elongation min ISO37||550%|
|Hardness (shore A) ISO868||60+/-5|
|Abrasion resistance max vol. loss ISO 4649 method A (non-rotating)||80mm3|
|Heat ageing (Property change after 70°C 168hs)||Tensile strength +2% |
Hardness 7 points
|Continuous operating temperature||-40/+70°C|
- Tile body thickness has been increased to 8mm to increase resistance to cracking.
|THE CRACKING FORCE (N)|
|Standard 20 x 20 x 4mm tile||2000 - 3000|
|Extreme 20 x 20 x 8mm tile (maximum)||> 10,000|
|TILE PULL OUT FORCE (KGF)|
|Standard 20 x 20 x 6mm tile||200 - 220|
|Standard 20 x 20 x 9.5mm tile||400 - 440|
FLEX CRACK TESTING OF CERAMIC TILES
- Dimple diameter has been increased and the profile has been tapered to increase resistance to breakage (see photo above).
- Radii have been added to all corners to resist breakage.
- Larger tile increases the bonded surface area from 7.2cm2 for the “Standard” ceramic tile to 9.6cm2 for the “Extreme” ceramic tile. The resulting tile pull out force increases as a result.
|Specific gravity g/cm3||3.7|
|Vickers hardness HV (10)||1000 plus|
|Flexural strength (Mpa)||300|
|Compressive strength (Mpa)||1800|
|Fracture Toughness (Mpa m1/2)||3.5|
Lagging Specifications – Extreme Ceramic Lagging
HOT VULCANISED - NAT
|Extreme Ceramic 20mm||ELA-DRC80-N60-20EV-SQ||251mm-255mm||21mm-22.2mm||-||8.4kg|
|Extreme Ceramic 25mm||ELA-DRC80-N60-25EV-SQ||251mm-255mm||26mm-27.2mm||-||9.2kg|
Product code for different strip lengths: Add 5-digit number indicating ceramic length in mm.
Strip: 25mm thick hot vulcanising, Nat 1.8m ceramic length product code: ELA-DRC-N-20EV-SQ-01800
Thickness variation (all strips/pulley) +/-0.5mm