DURATION — 1.5 DAYS for each application method
Designed for Workshop supervisors and lagging application operators.
This course is for companies applying Elastotec lagging and for mining companies that do lagging applications on site. Lagging failures due to application occurs when lagging selection is correct, lagging design and quality is good, but lagging application is poor.
Application procedures covered:
a. Hot Vulcanising application procedure
b. Cold bonding application procedure
c. Direct bond application procedure
- Theory on application procedure
- Practical lagging application training
- Knowledge test
- Lagging bond testing method
Common application lagging failures:
- Debonding from pulley
- Edge lifting
- Joint separation/Shell corrosion
This can be due to:
- incorrect application procedure
- inadequate training of application staff
- use of materials from multiple suppliers (not designed/tested to work together)
- Adverse environmental and working conditions during application or time pressure not allowing the application procedure to be followed.
It is designed to equip your team with the tools to be able to apply Elastotec laggings following the Elastotec application procedures to ensure the optimum service life with no lagging failures due to application.
What are the most important criteria that keep your company loyal to your suppliers?
Survey of 1400 executives by SG Partners in 2014